Foundations for Learning™
Creative’s School and Life Preparation Program
Are you having difficulties preparing your child for school or other life activities? Has the school asked your child to leave or otherwise indicated misalignment? Are you concerned that your child lacks life skills or struggles to interact with and navigate the world?
Foundations prepares your child for school and life
It addresses following directions, participating, transitioning, or playing with others; it is a place where children are always welcome—period.
Foundations for Learning™ helps your child:
- Feel confident in their abilities
- Recover quickly from a melt down
- Get along with peers
- Handle sensitive topics without tantrum
- Accept structure
- Pay attention — Sit still — Follow directions
Intrinsically motivates, fosters a sense of belonging, and helps your child enjoy education and other life activities where he or she explores, learns, and develops through play-based activities. Custom individualized therapist support.
Addresses foundational skills and promotes academic readiness.
- Adapts and responds to each child’s individual needs.
- Helps your child:
- Sustain a healthy emotional and physical state
- Attend to and engage with others
- Interact and relate to peers and adults
- Promotes academic readiness with improved
- Gross motor skills for group movement
- Fine motor skills for pre-writing, writing, and similar activities
- Creativity and pre-literacy and literacy skills
- Rhythm and timing for clearer thinking and musical activities
- Pre-feeding for enjoyment of a wide variety of healthy foods
- Preparation for school and other life activities
- Customized for each child
- Very low ratio of children to therapists—emphasizes 1-on-1 support
What does a typical session look like?
Gross Motor/Planning and sequencing for regulation and safe behavior
Rhythm and Movement for transition and structure
“Sensory” Snack for social interaction and food exploration
Pre-Academic for building skills and enjoying the classroom environment
Fine Motor/Sensory for improving skills and processing information
How do I get started?
Current Creative clients: Speak to your therapist.
New or former clients: Call 703-910-5006 to set up an initial consultation.